3 years, 8 months ago
With nearly 45 million people moving each year in the United States, it’s almost inevitable that we will one day find ourselves in that position, whether it’s just across the street, or across the world. And now, in these tough economic times, cross country moves are occurring with greater frequency as people seek out new and exciting opportunities. Moving is often considered one of the most stressful situations a person will encounter in their lives. However, it’s not that bad. With the assistance of the numerous professional movers available to us in the U.S. Cross country moving companies are great, because they understand what a move of that nature entails, and have performed numerous similar relocations. They provide answers and solutions, making the moving process easier for all of us. What exactly is a cross country moving company though, and what do they do?
What are Cross Country Moving Companies?
Cross country moving companies, sometimes known as van lines, are professional movers who specifically focus on moves of more than 100 miles. They have their own trucks, movers, and equipment, and perform all of the jobs they book as opposed to selling them off to other companies.
Cross country moving companies can perform moves in-state (many states are larger than the 100 mile local move limit), though moving across country is their main responsibility. The focus of a cross country moving company is the transportation of household goods/ commercial properties/ or automobiles, depending on the type of moving company they are.
What do Cross Country Moving Companies do?
Cross country moving companies obviously transport goods across the country, but they also provide other services as well. A full-service cross country mover assigns a moving consultant to each person to assist with the planning and preparations. They help you decide what dates are the best for your move, what supplies are the best, and where to get those supplies. If you need help packing, they handle the packing for you, and can even provide the materials (usually for a small fee).
When moving day arrives, they show up, pack up your house or business, load the truck, and then safely transport your belongings directly to your new address. During the relocation, they stay in contact with you to update you on the whereabouts of your belongings, and upon delivery they assist in the unpacking process if you require help. A truly great company also has storage available should you need, and will store your belongings until a time when you can receive them.
What Supplies Can Cross Country Moving Companies Provide?
- Cardboard boxes. These won’t be your traditional grocery store hand-me-downs, but instead will be industrial strength, fully intact, super-strong cardboard containers. They will also offer varying sizes to fit the different types of objects that will need to be stored inside.
- Packing Tape. Not just a clear adhesive tape, but rather an essential piece of every successful move. They will offer you the industry’s strongest, longest lasting tape, to ensure that your boxes stay sealed up throughout the move. Make sure they use three strips on every seam for maximum hold.
- Moving blankets. A typical blanket or comforter won’t suffice, so they will offer you ultra-thick moving blankets. These are essential for padding large furniture, and for protecting elevators and walls during a move.
- Shrink Wrap. Another essential item for large furniture, shrink wrap will keep moving blankets in place, so that your furniture receives the best protection throughout the transition.
- TV/ Artwork Crates. These hand-crafted crates, made from either cardboard or wood depending on your preference and budget, ensure that your flat-screen TV’s and priceless paintings retain their beauty and functionality throughout the relocation.
Which Cross Country Moving Companies are the Best?
There are over 8,000 moving companies operating on a daily basis in the United States, so choosing the best cross country moving team for your relocation may seem like a daunting task.
To choose the best company, do extensive research through internet search engines, as well as, over the phone and in person. After you’ve done research and narrowed the list down, get multiple quotes to better understand what your costs will be and who’s an honest company. Don’t make a decision based on one factor, but rather base your decision on whoever passes multiple tests. Most importantly, trust your gut, as it will help you determine the most appropriate company for your move.
Of the many cross country moving companies that are out there, one seems to stand out for the right reasons time and time again, Acclaimed Movers and Storage. Based out of California, they have extensive experience handling cross country moves. They’re licensed household goods movers, who have perfected the art of packing and moving all types of items.
They continually improve their services, and have dedicated themselves to making each move an incredible and personalized experience. When you’re ready to start your move, they’re a good company to check out. Enjoy your cross country move, and don’t stress, because when you put in the time and effort, you’re sure to hire the best. Good luck with your move!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Join us on Linked In
Watch us on YouTube
Share on Facebook